Serving adults with special needs
JEMS Warm Beach Special Camp seeks to provide an opportunity for the developmentally challenged to experience a fun-filled time of activities in an atmosphere of Christian love. Camp activities include times of singing, Bible-based lessons, crafts, outings, and recreation.
Quality of care is ensured by the following factors:
- Each conferee is placed in a one-on-one relationship with an adult staff counselor.
- Pre-camp orientation prepares our staff counselors for the individual needs of the conferees.
- Three meals are prepared and served daily by the Warm Beach Conference staff.
- Housing is in a mini-lodge with, at minimum, 2 staff persons in the conferees' rooms.
- The Warm Beach Conference facilities are well-staffed and maintained, and is a trusted, safe environment for the conferees.
Qualifications to attend camp:
In order to be eligible for this camp, we ask that the individual:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be functionally ambulatory
- be able to do some or all self-care activities (assistance with bathing/dressing/eating will be available, but we are not equipped to do heavy care at this time)
- be able to follow simple instructions (verbal and/or non-verbal)
- be willing to abide by all camp rules